BattleTech fan since the early '90s, game design enthusiast since forever.

Sunday, July 7, 2019

I wanted to write today

Them: "We've been invited to dinner. Want to go? It's about an hour's drive."
Me: "Uh, sure."
Them: "Okay, we'll go as soon as I've showered."
Me: "...but it's not even 1pm yet."
Them: "Three o'clock is a completely sensible time to eat dinner."
Me: "I don't think that adds up, and I don't think that's what the invitation is."
...later...
Me: "Is this sunscreen? Why are we putting on sunscreen?"
...seven hours of wandering shop to shop in a tourist trap later...
Them: "Isn't this fun? Aren't all of these things SO NEAT?"
Me, internally: "I don't care about any of these things and you know I don't enjoy this."
Me, externally: "The river is nice, and the crust on that meat pie was excellent."
Them: "Glad you came! It's fun to hang out on vacation."
Me: "...we've visited a bunch this month, the last no more than a week ago."
Them: "Yes, but this time I'm on vacation! I'm not thinking about work or whatever responsible things I should be doing with my day."
Me: thinks about responsible things I had planned to do with my day
Me: twitches

No comments :

Post a Comment