BattleTech fan since the early '90s, game design enthusiast since forever.

Thursday, December 12, 2019

The Orville Episode 1 - Mercer and MacFarlane

We started recording these commentaries between seasons one and two, back in... wow, April 2018?

I start this first podcast out kind of rough. Still getting used to the sound of my recorded voice, figuring out what I want to say as I say it... I get better as the season goes on. That we have any polish at all is thanks entirely to VanVelding, who's been doing a Star Trek podcast for a while, and handled all the production on this podcast too.



Seth MacFarlane has a long, loving history with Star Trek. His new television show, "The Orville," is built on that foundation. Hosts SkilTao and VanVelding talk about those foundations, MacFarlane, and his alter ego, Ed Mercer.

Available in podcast form at anchor.fm.

2 comments :

  1. Love the Orville: classic Star Trek for the 21st Century.

    But, I also enjoyed Discovery, which is very re-watchable. I can see the criticism that it exploited nerd levels of assumptions about the viewers knowledge of canon while simultaneously adding contradictory things to said canon, but as a story it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the first season of Discovery alongside Orville, and I enjoyed both. Felt like two sides of Star Trek's coin.

      I do have a couple story issues with Disco's season 1 finale but otherwise I think most complaints about the show are overblown.

      Delete