BattleTech fan since the early '90s, game design enthusiast since forever.

Thursday, December 26, 2019

The Orville Episode 3 - About a Message

In our original cut of this podcast, I think I used the phrase "fundamentally different" four consecutive times. I really need to prepare my talking points better.

This is where I took over writing the blurbs. I appreciate the "reindeer games" allegory. It strikes me as something that would've been part of the writers' pitch, and I admire The Orville's restraint in keeping it to subtext instead of spelling it out explicitly.



Bortus (Peter Macon) moves viewers through the Moclan legal system and introduces a constellation of issues related to gender identity. The crew try to see their way through the reindeer games.

Available in podcast form at anchor.fm.

No comments :

Post a Comment